Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist (Enforcement Officer/Inspector) - R5
This position is in Region 5, Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Division, Air Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Branch. About Region 5
This is an office-centered position*--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis.
*Work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized as described in the Benefits section.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provide technical assistance on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Participate in enforcement activities and recommend enforcement actions based upon inspection findings and current EPA policies.
- Provide regulatory compliance assistance to well-established facilities during inspections, investigations, and compliance assistance visits.
- Provide assistance to customers on technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.