Accounting Careers Trainee Target Class: Accountant - Hybrid
Does the opportunity to learn from specialists in the accounting field with on-the-job training excite you? If so, a fulfilling career awaits you! Join our fantastic team in state service by applying today!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) is accepting applications for an Accounting Careers Trainee (ACT), with a target class of Accountant to join our team in the Business Office within our Fiscal Division.
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work for a Forbes top company: 'Forbes' State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule.
- NEW: A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D., along with comprehensive benefit offerings
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Generous paid time off, including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- A healthy work/life balance to all employees.
- Monday – Friday
- 1st Shift
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Hybrid schedule, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
- Location: Hartford, CT
The Role: (Job duties include, but are not limited to:)
- Receiving training in introductory accounting or auditing work for development of skills and knowledge in order to qualify for advancement into a professional agency accounting or auditing position.
- Performing a variety of increasingly difficult duties as skills are acquired during the course of the training period.
- Examining financial records of governmental or private businesses and accounting methods and procedures to ensure compliance with statutes, regulations, guidelines or accepted accounting principles.
- May receive training in such areas as maintaining financial records and accounts, establishing financial statements and schedules, and preparing budget estimates.
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS), partners with the individuals we support and their families, to support lifelong planning and to join with others to create and promote meaningful opportunities for individuals to fully participate as valued members of their communities. We hope you take this opportunity to continue your career with us and make an impact by serving your state!