Event Attendant (Part Time)
Salary Range:$15.00 To 15.00 Hourly
Do you enjoy watching an event come to life?
Do you know anyone wanting to make a few extra dollars a week in the evening or over the weekend?
THE CITY OF LEAWOOD, KANSAS is looking for an
Event Attendant (Part-Time Position)
Why you should apply to be a part of the Parks, Recreation & Arts Department at the City of Leawood as an Event Attendant:
- Come on as an Event Attendant where you will interact with employees, the public and aid in making meaningful changes at the City of Leawood.
- The Recreation Team strives for excellence in their service to each other, clients, fellow employees, the Governing Body and ultimately the citizens of Leawood.
Summary of the Position: The Event (Recreation) Attendant greets patrons, answers questions, and assists in the execution of community center classes, facility tours, and privately hosted events.
- Average number of hours will depend on the event schedule.
- Hours are predominantly evenings and/or weekends.
- Average of 10-20 hours a week
- Peak Season (May – October)
- Off-Season (November – April)
- Safely and promptly facilitates the opening and closing procedures for the Lodge at Ironwoods and Leawood Community Center. Responsibilities include ensuring facilities are clean and properly set, necessary trash/personal items removed and facility is un/locked and dis/armed appropriately.
- Assists patrons with any event related needs that might occur including but not limited to help with set up, technology, and reiteration of rules, regulations, and expectations of policies.
- Works with third party vendors during facility rentals concerning load-in, set-up, and tear down.
- Oversees the operation and troubleshooting of audio/visual equipment during scheduled events.
- Assists full-time staff with tasks and projects as needed.
- The Event (Recreation) Attendant will be assigned to the Leawood Community Center and the Lodge at Ironwoods.
Lodge at Ironwoods
- Provides tours and information regarding large-scale rentals such as weddings, personal celebrations, and corporate events.
- Works independently, with little or no supervision, in the execution of private event rentals with any needs including but limited to last minute layout changes, interactions with Leawood security officers, re-stocking and general up-keep of restrooms, kitchen, and collaboration with outside vendors during events.
Leawood Community Center
- Assists patrons with general inquiries regarding Parks, Recreation, and Arts facilities and programs whether that be in person or over the phone and directs them appropriately.
- Greets patrons entering the Community Center and directs patrons to the appropriate location for classes and events.
- May assist in registration for Parks, Recreation, and Arts programs, special events, facility rental and pool passes, and ensures information is entered into the RecTrac software system. Directs questions or concerns to the appropriate Recreation Staff member for additional information when needed.
Minimum Requirements: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a customer service based position and experience working large events is preferred. Experience working with audio/visual equipment, preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per the City’s drivers Use of Vehicles for City Business policy throughout employment with the City.
Accepting Applications through October 1, 2023
Starting Rate of Pay: $15.00 / hourly
The Event (Recreation) Attendant position is a part time, non-benefits eligible position. This position is eligible to receive merit based pay increases upon the employee anniversary date.